Trip to The Petting Zoo and Aquarium (Photo Heavy!)

NOTE: This is quite a photo heavy post, even though I was kinda cruel cutting off pictures I'd love to share with you. If you don't care for the animals, just scroll down - there's some style pics for you. :)


Hey lovelies,

Happy Weekend! ♥ How are you all today?

I'm great, today I started my weekend with a little help of cappuccino and a refreshing shower - and thank God I didn't have to work today either! So, I'm having fun, as you can guess.

Before going to more of that exhausted "I did this, I did also that" blabber, I really want to take some time and thank all my lovely followers. There's already 186 of you, if I count in just followers from GFC (and from all my four blogs who try to be as one site, though.). I love your support! Every pageview makes me incredibly happy, not to mention every comment and follow. :) THANK YOU! ♥

Thank you also to everyone who's friended/followed/liked me on FB, Instagram, Pose... or any other social platform, for that matter. Let's get to know each other. ;) I mean, because that really is the fun of blogging to me, finding amazing people out there around the world. :)

I also wanted to tell you, that there's a new recipe in The Food page (Lemon Cupcakes) and also, a new little DIY project in the Made by Me page (Studded White Shorts). :)

That's it then for the announcements for today. Then, let's tackle the photos, shall we?

A week ago, on Sunday, we spent the afternoon with my fiance by going to the amusement park Särkänniemi. As it was a bit of I-don't-know-what-to-expect-from-you kind of weather, we decided to skip the rides this time, and just go see the animals. Which I was more than thrilled to, as I just love animals. Any animal.

And here's some shots from the petting zoo:

Photobucket

Apparently, it was nap time for some.

Photobucket

And for some others, too.

Photobucket

This little chipmunk knew his poses. ;)

Photobucket

Miniature pig. ♥ Little cutie.

Photobucket

Besides the puppies, these are the best crowd out there. Look at the obvious intelligence. ;)

Photobucket

Albino bunny. I really related to this little buddy, being chalk white from Winter to Summer and having my eyes red from the stupid allergy. :D

Photobucket

Pony who clearly suggested I should shove my camera somewhere the sun doesn't shine. :D Loved the little dude.

Photobucket

Life from the goat perspective.

Photobucket

Green birdie.

Photobucket

And some bigger birdies.

Photobucket

Can you spot the turtle?

Photobucket

Someone's cozy. (This picture was taken by my man, because I was too short :D)

Then, we headed to the aquarium, and here are my favorite shots:

Photobucket

I admit, I got a little crazy with the camera, there's a big pile of pictures like this in my hard drive. :D You're lucky I have the discipline to leave off some fun pictures.

Photobucket

I don't really play favorites on fish, but... I have to say, I love piranhas. They're awesome! ♥

Photobucket

There was a lot of strange-looking guys out there... 

Photobucket

...and some of them like to hang upside down.

Photobucket

"I just came to say hello to you!"

Photobucket

Hehe, he looks so funny.

Photobucket

It's amazing these creatures really live under the sea.

Photobucket

I swear this one is posing better than me. Seriously.

Photobucket

I also love the way they've built the tanks look like nature. It must be pleasant for the fish - and it looks amazing as well.

Photobucket

First I got scared there's something wrong with this fish, but actually, he was just playing alone. It was super cute! ♥

Photobucket

These fellas are weird, they try to follow people that walk by the tank. :D

Photobucket

Well, hello there, catfish. Nice throat. Love your lips as well. ;)

Photobucket

The king of the tank. 

Photobucket

The grumpy old lady. ;)

Photobucket

Gorgeous catfish. ♥

Photobucket

He's clearly into the mustache trend. ;)

As this was kind of a mini safari, I dressed for the part. So I mixed together neon and army print, and inspiration for this outfit came to me after seeing this post by Christian. (You're talented and brave, boy. I love your style. ;)) I hope you'll enjoy the outcome.

Outfit of the day

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Top: Gina Tricot
Lace blazer: Mango
Army pants: Zara
Neon belt: Gina Tricot
Ballet flats: Skopunkten
Bracelet: H&M
Rosary necklace: Gina Tricot
Cross earring: JC
Pink pearl stud: H&M

So I was mixing the army print trend with the neon trend, and softening the look with the lace blazer. This was a comfy and casual look, but it had enough my personality in it. And it wasn't too boyish, as it had the pink and the lace in it. It was the perfect outfit for the day with the animals.

How do you think I pulled this look off? And how do you like army print, yay or nay?

This time around, my nails were inspired my favorite Hello Kitty cup. The ones following me on Twitter and/or Instagram might have seen this manicure already, but for those who rather read the blog, here it is:

Manicure of the day

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My first attempt on polka dot manicure. The HK cup I own has the same pattern, though it's a bit more regular and loose there. So, this isn't perfect, but I was trying the technique (using a pin needle's round head as a tool) here for the first time ever. :D

Have you tried a polka dot manicure? If not, would you try one?

I hope you all will have a very nice weekend! ♥

Blog ya later,

xoxo

Johanna


37 comments

  1. Looks like such a fun day! Always love your style, you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love petting zoo's. Those animals are so adorable. And I love the trousers you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them as well, animals are adorable! And thank you, the pants are on my top 10 ;)

      Delete
  3. Aww I love the zoo, this one seems amazing:) I also love your outfit, perfect pairing with the pants+pink top. The nails are sooo cuute!
    ahah:) Remember me? i just wanted to thank you for your last sweet comment on my blog:) It means a lot to me, I'm just very happy someone appreciates my blog:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, of course I remember you - I'm so glad to hear from you after such a long time. :) And I will say it openly here, I really appreciate people - especially young ones - who are real and not faking it :) That's what I like about you :)

      Delete
  4. Oi mitä kuvia! En olekaan käynyt Särkänniemessä ikuisuuksiin (±5 vuotta?) mutta eläimet olivat kyllä suloisia.. kalat ja merenelävät kyllä skippasin silloin, jostain syystä vedenalaiset jutut pelottavat minua ihan hirveästi :D Ihanat kynnet, todella söpöt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä asun niin lähellä että jotenkin tulee se kausikortti aina osteltua :D Yritin oikein panostaa noihin kuviin vaikken suoranaisesti voikaan sanoa olevani valokuvaaja :D

      Delete
  5. So cute!!!
    Love Zoos and the animals!!
    You look stunning too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! So cool that you got to go to a petting zoo. The ducks were so cute, I would have went straight to them :)
    And I love the pictures of the fishes that are looking straight at the camera. Fish aren't very cute, but that was pretty cute.
    And your manicure is really cool. Did you do it yourself? I really like it. I need to do something like that, mine are just black right now. Haha.
    Also, I would love if you did something for Remix Fridays :) My heart might skip a beat ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, such a lovely comment... Where to start...

      I do all my manicures myself, but if I don't, I'll let you know in the text ;) So yes, I did that all by myself. It's a way to express my creativity.

      And yes, I really try to take some photos for your Remix Fridays, I have a couple of ideas ready, actually ;)

      Delete
  7. I love animals!! That cute little chipmunk is adorable!! And you look stunning!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I adore the little chipmunk as well. :D

      Delete
  8. great post! love the little animals!! and your outfit is so cute :)
    xoxo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I wish I could be there with that bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bunny was such a sweetie, I really wanted to cuddle it. :)

      Delete
  10. Ah what are these pictures cute!
    And love your earrings,

    And thanks for your sweet comment :)
    XO
    www.Jazzybelleslife.com
    JazzyBelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love you belt! And great pics!

    Thank you thats so sweet of you!!

    Stop by soon!

    X
    / L from sweden

    http://isbla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so many cute animals!!! The little piggie is so cute! I also really like your flats! They look super comfy :)

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the flats are as comfy as they look - I'm a fashion flaw in that way, I love my flats too much :D

      Delete
  13. Wow all of these pictures are totally incredible. It looks like you were in the water with all those fish! You got some amazing close ups there :) I want to go to a zoo or aquarium now! Your nails. Wow. they are incredible! I can't believe those aren't stickers, amazing job! you must have a very steady hand :)


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, don't know about the steady hand, but I sure had time in my hands, doing that mani. :D I'm so happy you - and the others, too - like the photos, I really tried my best to take great pictures, to make it feel you were there with me ;)

      Delete
  14. How cute are those puppies!! I love going to petting zoo.
    Aimee
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. my son is happy to discover Nemo here ! Your neon belt is beautiful !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! :D
    Love your outfit and your nails of corse!!
    MaryFashionLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the animals were on the spotlight of this post ;) I'm glad you liked my style as well. :)

      Delete
  17. haha, olinkin jättänyt oman osoitteeni pois, eli mamma-saksassa.blogspot.com
    ja hei, noi kynnet on mitä mahtavimmat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noni, mahtavaa, pääsen senkin tsekkailemaan! :) Kiitos, mukavaa että pidit kynsistä ♥

      Delete
  18. Amazing pics! i really love this place and would love to visit here.
    Aquariums Zoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I always read every single one of them, and they truly make my day! Please remember to be nice while commenting, thank you! ♥

You can comment in following languages (as these are the ones I understand):
English, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, German

xoxo ♥